The Control System Toolbox provides editors that allow you to set properties and preferences in the SISO Design Tool, the LTI Viewer, and in any response plots that you create from the MATLAB prompt.
Properties refer to settings that are specific to an individual response plot. This includes the following:
- Axes labels, and limits
- Data units and scales
- Plot styles, such as grids, fonts, and axes foreground colors
- Plot characteristics, such as rise time, peak response, and gain and phase margins.
Preferences refers to properties that persist either:
- Within a single session for a specific instance of an LTI Viewer or a SISO Design Tool
- Across Control System Toolbox sessions
The former are called tool preferences, the latter toolbox preferences.
This document contains five sections:
- Setting Toolbox Preferences -- Using the Toolbox Preferences Editor, you can set features that apply to all LTI Viewers, SISO Design Tools, and response plots you create. Settings here persist from session to session.
- Setting Tool Preferences -- Using either the SISO Tool Editor or LT Viewer Editor, you can set features that apply to individual instances of LTI Viewers and SISO Design Tools.
- Customizing Response Plot Properties -- Using the Property Editor, you can set features that apply to individual instances of response plots
| ||The Property and Preferences Hierarchy || |