Getting Started with the Fixed-Point Blockset
the Fixed-Point Blockset
- Preface contains information on Fixed-Point Blockset characteristics, system
requirements, licensing information, related products, installation information, typographical conventions,
and how to use this guide.
- Introduction presents benefits of fixed-point hardware and the Fixed-Point
Blockset, gives an overview of the development cycle for simulating dynamic systems, discusses compatibility
of Fixed-Point Blockset blocks with Simulink blocks, and describes how to access Help.
- Getting Started with the Blockset gives an overview of Fixed-Point Blockset features, presents
a data type conversion example, and lists the blockset's demos.
Functions and Blocks
- Examples lists the major examples in the blockset documentation.
- Data Types and Scaling discusses the representation and manipulation of
fixed-point and floating-point numbers.
- Arithmetic Operations explains how issues of scaling, precision, range,
and overflow are handled in the Fixed-Point blockset.
- Realization Structures discusses some canonical forms that optimize filter
implementation with respect to certain factors.
- Tutorial: Feedback Controller Realization demonstrates how to use the Fixed-Point
Settings interface by way of a tutorial on implementing a feedback controller.
- Tutorial: Producing Lookup Table Data demonstrates how to find worst-case error
for a lookup table and how to create lookup tables using Fixed-Point Blockset functions.
- Code Generation discusses issues dealing with generating code from Fixed-Point
- The Release Notes summarize new features, bug fixes, upgrade issues,
Printable versions of the
Fixed-Point Blockset User's Guide
and Fixed-Point Blockset Release Notes are available in PDF format.
The MathWorks provides several related products that are especially relevant to the